Homework: choose four traditional mistakes for each and every group: persons, process, project, technology, and explain ways to defeat each of them.
Poor estimating and scheduling
* Make use of timebox expansion (shorter, small projects are easier to estimate) * Make a work breakdown structure to aid size and scope assignments * Retrospect to capture actual size, effort and time data use with making long term project estimates Insufficient risikomanagement
* Appointing a risk expert - it really is beneficial to have one person whose job is to look for the reason why that a project might are unsuccessful and keep managers and designers from ignoring risks in their planning and execution. Not enough planning
5. Hire a thorough project charter
* Evidently define job governance
Shortchanging quality assurance
5. Use snello development, joint application style sessions, computerized testing equipment, and daily build-and-smoke tests
2. Provide profession development opportunities
* Deliver bonuses
Ineffective stakeholder management
* Use a stakeholder worksheet and assessment graph
2. Use connection plans
2. Create a job management office
* Co-location can be a treatment, even if it needs sending personnel to a overseas country to get an extended time period. Insufficient job sponsorship
2. Identify the ideal sponsor from the very beginning.
* Secure determination within the job charter and manage the relationship throughout the life of the task.
2. Avoid complex, difficult to implement features.
2. Use proven tools and techniques
2. Avoid dependence on fancy fresh tools
2. Try not to explore new perimetre in creation unless you allow for frequent schedule revisions. Characteristic creep
2. Avoid putting into action all the trendy features you know/see away from home.